Take the A9 towards Dingwall over Kessock Bridge. At the first roundabout take the A835 towards Ullapool. At the second roundabout continue on the A835. Just beyond Garve, turn left onto the A832.
After 16 miles you will reach Achnasheen. Here you have two options:
a) Go left on the A890 which becomes the A896 through Lochcarron to Kishorn. 100 yards after the shop Patterns of Light (on your left) turn left (signposted to Ardarroch and Achintraid). *Follow the road for just over a mile round the shore through the village to Brynaport, which is the last house on the left before the cattle grid, painted raw sienna.
b) Continue on A832 to Kinlochewe. Turn left onto A896 past Torridon and Shieldaig. Approximately 10 miles south of Shieldaig, after passing the turning to Applecross, take the next right hand turn and follow as for a) after *.
From Fort William
- Take the A82 to Spean Bridge. At Spean Bridge, follow the road to the left (A82) towards Invergarry.
- At Invergarry T-junction, turn left onto A87 towards Isle of Skye.
- Turn left again at next T-junction towards Dornie and Isle of Skye.
- 1.5 miles after Dornie, turn right onto A890 to Strathcarron.
- Shortly after the level crossing at Strathcarron, go left on A896 to Lochcarron and follow the road through Lochcarron to Kishorn.
- Continue as for a) after *.
There are a number of cheap flights to Inverness from various regional airports. From there you can either hire a car or take the train (see below).
Please note the train station is 9 miles from the airport. Taxis are available from outside the airport and will charge £10-£15. There is also a shuttle bus service leaving every 30 minutes from the bus terminal just outside the airport. The bus fare is £3.
There are number of trains running daily from Inverness to Strathcarron station. From there we can easily arrange to pick you up and drive you to Brynaport and return you at the end of your course (even for the 0659 departure to Inverness!).